Friday, December 18, 2009

Dec 18th Weekly Recap - $3223 gain

Solid week overall especially considering the tight trading range we've been stuck in coupled with the fact that I'm by no means a range trader.  Still feeling very locked in at the moment and almost sad the weekend is here.  Yes, I know I need the rest, but when I'm in the zone I'd rather not take off any time for fear of "losing my edge."

So I'll be looking forward to Monday morning all weekend LOL.  Guess that's better than dreading it.

As for my numbers this week, I finished up $3,223 with no losing days and 63% profitable trades.  Avg win was $255 and avg loss $104.  150 roundturns puts my avg profit per contract at $21. Fairly solid overall.

Since the first week I started this blog where I basically bled all but 1 day, I've been on quite a roll. Just 3 losing days (1 of those being a $2 loss) out of the last 20 trading days. During this same time I'm up $10,842 for the most part trading 3 contracts, although this last week I did bump it up a bit.

Definitely feeling in a zone and feeling like I remember with my last run-up.  But I need to stay humble, because Mr. Market will take it all away quickly otherwise.

Did a solid job of trade mgmt this week on all accounts: profit taking, risk management and position sizing.  Still need to stay focused on these areas next week until they become almost habit.  Another positive from this week was my ability to take a loss.  Several times I cut lose a trade that I would've likely held in the past.  I can tell you it felt good to exit those trades and watch them continuing going against my original position.

All in all looking forward to next week!

2 comments: