Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thursday Wrapup (12/31) - $87 gain

Another slow day.

First, and best, trade of the day was a gap fade at the open for a $188 gain.  Took just one tick heat and all targets hit within 30 mins.

Took 2 countertrend longs, one at 10:15 and another at 11:45.  First one briefly touched my 1st tgt before collapsing lower.  After a 1.5 pt drawdown I managed to scale out of this one for just a $175 loss.  I didn't take the first entry, but entered on the second test.  After 5 mins I found myself asking why I was still in this trade since it hadn't proven itself.  Of course, I should've listened to my gut and exited the trade when I had the chance to get out at breakeven.  Still, nonetheless, did a solid job of not panicking and closing on first pullback.

Second countertrend was much more favorable though I only took $75 profit out of the trade.  Again I didn't take the first entry, but waited on a pullback and bought the break of the prior bar high on the 1000 tick chart.  Didn't like the risk on the first setup.  After entry price my first target was easily hit without one tick of heat.  And I was up as much as $275, but wasn't quick enough to capture the profit.  At least I exited the trade when price came back down to my entry point.

At the end of the day I made $87 on 2 for 3 trading.  Not great, but not a loss either.  Hoping for some range expansion next week.  Maybe today's late afternoon selloff is a good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment