Today started out a bit more volatile, but that didn't last long. Just two trades today both losers.
Should be noted that I skipped the opening gap fade setup. After the overnight action, I thought today had the chance of being a trend day. Turns out that was an easy fade opportunity and would've made about $500 on 2 lots with at worst 2-3 ticks of heat. Just goes to show you've got to take every trade.
At 9:50 I took a pullback setup which is not normally part of my arsenal. Price had pulled back after the opening gap was filled and I sold the first break lower on the 1000 tick chart. My plan was to scale out quickly as with my countertrend setups, but I wasn't fast enough. My first tgt was hit, but immediately afterwards the market reversed and stopped me out on the balance. Was up as much as $250, before losing $75 on this trade. Again not one of my core setups so I was definitely reaching for this one. Guess I was just excited about the opening volatility.
Second trade of the day came just before noon on a short pullback setup. Was definitely a valid setup, but I got raked over the coals before exiting for a $125 loss. After entry, upward momentum accelerated and at the peak I was stuck in a 2 pt drawdown. But I remained patient and looked to exit at the first pullback. After a drawdown of as much as $600, I ultimately exited for a much smaller loss of $125. Very pleased with how I handled this one. Not sure I could've done anything differently.
Again all of today's gains were missed when I didn't fade the opening gap. After that filled, we were stuck in a 2-3 pt trading range the rest of the day.
What Is The Best Way To Learn Trading?
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment