Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tuesday Wrapup (12/15) - $1149 gain

10:00AM
Fairly active day already.  Not much going on until 8:30, but 5 trades since.

First trade of the day was a pullback short off the 1000 tick chart taken at 7:40AM EST.  Initially started with 3 lots, and tacked on 3 more a few mins later as the risk became more defined.  Covered half of the lots over the next 30 mins and my remaining targets were hit at 8:30 after the news release.  Stoploss was never in danger, but I briefly considered closing the trade before 8:30.  Ultimately since I only had a 1/2 position on, I was comfortable holding thru the news and it worked out well. Made $425 on this trade with very little drawdown.

Second trade of the day was a countertrend scalp just after the econ release.  First target was hit for 2 ticks, and then I quickly exited the rest at breakeven once more selling appeared on the DOM.  A few mins later I took a re-entry and made $250 in 4 mins, but could've clearly held on for more gains.

After closing out the last countertrend scalp, I turned around and got short with a clean pullback setup off the 5 min chart.  But the trade never went in my favor, and I elected to exit for as close to breakeven as possible.  Ended up losing $75.

Entered a 2 lot gap fade position at 9:30AM as well.  Looking to scale out 1 lot @ 50% retracement and the last lot at yesterday's close.

So in 90 mins time, I'm up $600 to start the day.  Would love to see a $2000 day today, but not sure what the market is going to offer up.  Feeling fairly sharp here in the early going at least.  Let's see if we can continue the momentum.

12:30PM
Another slow day, go figure! Is it really possible to have an inside day of an inside day that was already a tiny range LOL!.  Geez.

Since my last update, I've exited my gap fade for $312.  Fairly straight forward trade as far as gap fades go.  Only took at most a 1 pt drawdown.

Also had a $100 loss on a countertrend scalp short that went absolutely nowhere after entry. This was entered just after 10:15 after a nice vol spike on the 3 min chart.

Up $812 on the day heading into the afternoon session.  My job is to not get caught playing around in the chop.

3:15PM
Only one trade since my last update.  Took a short pullback off the 3 min chart right at 2PM.  Took 1 tick of heat before my first tgt was hit a few mins later.  From there it just sat stagnant until about about 10 after 3 when the move down finally got underway. Normally I would exit a trade like this much earlier, but my thinking was that I was already having a decent day, the risk was almost non-existent, and as such I was just content to let it ride.  Up $1150 on the day now on fairly efficient 4 for 6 trading (not counting 1 scratch).  Let's don't do anything stupid here!

3:45PM
Alright I'm content to sit and watch right now.  Don't want to watch a day's worth of gains evaporate in 10 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment