Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wednesday Wrapup (12/23) - $150 gain

7:00 AM
Not much going here in the early AM session.  Only decent setup I passed on, which was a countertrend trade around 5:30AM.  After breaking out to a new HOD we had a surge of vol on the 3 min chart.  But I didn't like the risk on the 1000 tick so I decided I'd play the first pullback instead, but it never came.  Then I could've bought the pullback, but was waiting on a slightly better price, but that too didn't pan out.  So long story short I'm tradeless.

Need to clear my brain of yesterday's last trade and start over fresh today.

8:20AM
Just missed another trade by literally seconds.  Had been looking for a pullback to get short on.  Left the house for the office and when I got to the office, my pullback was staring at me.  Tried to enter, but my order pushed prices down 1-2 ticks.  Not that I'm trading that much size, but oh well.

4PM
 For the most part, I took the day off.  Did fade the gap opening and that was an easy 3 pts or so.  Made $225 there with both tgts being filed after the econ report at 10AM. 

From there I took 2 trades, one of which was a decent pullback setup albeit with no volume whatsoever.  This was taken around 10:38AM, and after maybe 1 tick movement in my direction the trade went against me.  So I immediately thought about exiting and after a $300 drawdown I took the first pullback and exited for a marginal $50 loss.

Next trade was a countertrend setup around 1PM after a failed breakout.  While there was definitely a volume spike, it will still minimal.  I mean when there are gaps on a 3 min chart during intraday trading you know you should be calling the quits.  Anyway, with this trade, my 1st target was hit easily and we stalled from there.  Ultimately I exited this trade for a $25 loss.

So I fnished the day up $150 on 1 for 3 trading.  Just not many trades on an overall dull day.  On a positive note, I didn't have a repeat performance on yesterday.  Once the 2nd trade went against me I immediately switched from profit mode to capital preservation.  Didn't want to puke into the mini-breakout, so I just remained patient and exited at the first opp.

Not sure there will be much going on tomorrow either.  Might check in early in the AM and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment