1:00PM
Not much happening today. Not a single trade until 11AM despite waking at 5AM to catch the middle of the European session.
Only two trades thus far both countertrend trades, one short and one long.
Long was taken at 11:05AM on the 2nd chance entry (as pointed out last week) after the first breakout. Stop placed 1 tick below recent low. Gave this trade probably way too much room to work and almost closed at one point for a much smaller profit. My thinking while in this trade was that I'd likely have few trades today, so the ones I entered needed to count. Not necessarily healthy. Anyhow after suffering just 1 tick of heat on this one, I scaled out over the next 40 mins for a decent $300 profit. Of course hindsight is always 20/20 and I could've held a few lots for even larger gains, but that's not necessarily my style anyway.
Took a short on a first break after HOD was formed at 12:15. Took 2 ticks of heat on this one before moving along in my favor. Scaled out of this one for a $287 profit. And again as with above, had I held on I would've captured much larger gains.
So as it stands, I'm up $587 on very efficient 2 for 2 trading. Let's see what this afternoon brings.
3:40PM
Still sitting on my hands. Thought about taking a trade just a few mins ago with the 2nd chance opp after a countertrend entry signal. Would've at least broke even on the trade as it stands right now with 20 mins to go, but the volume was just so light even for the last 30 mins
So I'm finishing the day up $587 on 2 for 2 trading. Maybe we'll have some more opps tomorrow, but I highly doubt it. Expecting more range trade until the new year arrives. But as always be prepared for anything!
What Is The Best Way To Learn Trading?
1 week ago
Spooz. I am inspired by your example and plan to start my own blog in hope of adding disclipline and accountability. I am setting up at http://christrades.blogspot.com/. Hope that you are flattered by imitation.
ReplyDeleteHey I'm by far the first one to do this, so imitate away!
ReplyDelete