Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday Wrapup (1/25) - $188 loss

While I finished the day in the red I generally felt good about today's trading.  Midway thru the day I was 1 for 7 and down almost $500 trading off a 1000 tick chart.  At this point I switched to a 2500 tick chart and promptly nailed a pullback setup.  Overall on the day I finished 2 for 7 with two nice wins and many small losses.

As I try to adapt to the changing market, I need to find a balance between closing a lifeless trade and letting the trade work.  On several occasions today I closed a trade for a small loss only to have the trade quickly reverse back in the original direction. Had I held the trade my results today would've been much better.


Tomorrow I'm going to start out with a 2500 tick chart and only move to a faster chart if the market action is fast.

Feeling positive overall about the rest of the week's trading.  Will be nice to get that first daily profit back on the board.  Seems like I went for a month or so without one losing day, but now I cannot buy a profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment