1:00PM
Not much happening so far today. Being very conservative with my entries and trading half size.
Taken 3 trades so far this morning. First was a short pullback after the initial push lower falling the 8:30 econ report. After a 2 tick drawdown, the trade hit all of my targets relatively painlessly. It was nice to book a profit again to take the edge off a bit. So I started the day with a $225 profit.
Next 2 trades pretty much treaded water on. Took a long pullback at 10:19 that went no where and I exited after 6 mins for a $12.50 gain. And the last trade was a bit of a questionable countertrend entry as there wasn't much of a volume spike to support the entry. Anyhow trade pretty much went against me from the start, but I remained patient and got out for a $62.50 loss after being down as much as $225.
So I'm up $175 on 2 for 3 trading heading into the afternoon. Just need to stay patient and re-find that tunnel vision I had before the holidays.
3:50PM
Took 4 short countertrends from 2PM till now with the first two essentially breaking even, and the last two producing a profit for $138.
Left about $200 on the last two as I was a bit aggressive on my target orders thinking we'd see a deeper pullback into the close. My first target was hit on both setups, and price came within a tick of my targets before reversing and I ultimately closed the trade back near my original entry.
Sure it's not stellar by any means, and at this rate it'll take me a good two weeks just to earn back what I lost yesterday. Ouch. But nonetheless, it's nice to be back in profit column.
Planning to continue trading at half size for at least a few more days till I feel like I've got the hang of the market action again. On a side note, maybe next time I'm seeing the market clearly I should double my size LOL!
What Is The Best Way To Learn Trading?
1 week ago
nice to see you in the green today...still time to get in the black for the month.
ReplyDeleteYes and I firmly expect to be in the black at month's end.
ReplyDelete